What is Yamuna Body Rolling and what can it do for me?
You may have seen the class on our schedule and wondered, “what the heck is Yamuna Body Rolling?” Let’s answer that question with some more questions. Do you have stress? Tight muscles? Limited range of motion? Then Yamuna can help! Yamuna is a specific discipline of focused hands-on body work. Its tools and techniques offer both fitness and therapeutic benefits. According to Satoshi Suzuki, ATC, CSCS, “Yamua Body Rolling (YBR) is a very effective approach in many clinical settings because it evaluates and treats conditions simultaneously and makes clients more independent…”
Who should take it?:
• Anyone who needs to de-stress their tired body
• Anyone who would like to improve range of motion
• Beginning or current Pilates students who seek to open up or further elongate
• Anyone interested in edgy or new approach to conventional fitness
Benefits of YBR:
• Multidimensional elongation of muscle fibers
• Transversal and diagonal expansion of muscle fibers
• Functional evaluation and therapeutic uses towards multiple conditions in the medical field
• Multiple target areas to treat superficial skin, fasciae, muscle fibers tendons, ligaments, bones, internal organs, and the nervous system
Our YBR classes at Club Fit are led by Instructor Scott Verardo, an avid practitioner of YBR, as well as Pilates, Qigong, and yoga.