The Sickness – Wellness – Fitness Continuum:
- Sickness: Requiring medications for environmentally controllable diseases. A majority of the American population falls into this category.
- Wellness: The absence of need for medical intervention. Many of your fellow gym-goers fall into this category.
- Fitness: Posses the skills and abilities to not only participate, but thrive in life and any chosen physical activity.
What does it mean to be fit? Well, let’s start with some benchmarks: Can you squat 1.5x your own bodyweight? Can you run a 5k without training for the event? Fitness is not just about abs and tank top ready arms. The outward appearance of our bodies is the product of what we’ve use them for. If you do manual labor for a living, your body will be the physical representation of said labor. If you sit at a desk for 60 hours each week, your body will look very different that of the aforementioned laborer. And if you are a professional athlete, you will likely look like your sport. This is NOT a coincidence, but it IS 100% your decision. In Club Fitt-er, we’re going to train for life… and you’re going to look like you did!
The Gritty Details:
- Toys: Barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, rowers, things to hang from, things to jump on, etc.
- Time: Varied intervals and dynamic measurable fitness challenges.
- Team: We are going to build a tribe of strong, capable Club Fitt-ers looking to train while looking like they train.