(Plus an American Red Cross Fee of $38)
The course begins with Fundamentals of Instructor Training (FIT) to teach students the American Red Cross standards of how to become the best instructors they can be.
During the remainder of the course, students will learn how to teach proper stroke technique, as well as how to swim properly themselves. Students must have a strong knowledge of stroke proficiency to sign up for this course.
WSI candidates must be at least 16-years-old and must pass a Pre-Course Skills Test as follows:
• Front Crawl — 25 yards
• Back Crawl — 25 yards
• Breaststroke — 25 yards
• Elementary Backstroke — 25 yards
• Sidestroke — 25 yards
• Butterfly — 15 yards
• Tread water for one minute
• Maintain position on back for one minute (sculling or float)
Performance of these skills must be consistent with the American Red Cross “Learn to Swim/Level 4 Stroke Performance” criteria. In order to become a WSI, you must complete pre-course skills, attend all classes, participate and be prepared for teach-back assignments, and you must attain at least an 80% on the final exam.
- Sunday, September 22, 2019 – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday, September 29, 2019 – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday, October 6, 2019 – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm