Club Fit is pleased to announce our fourth 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training. The training is designed for serious yoga students who would like to deepen their understanding of yoga practice, history, philosophy, and teaching methodology, and is structured to meet the requirements for certification by Yoga Alliance. The training is suitable for all dedicated yoga practitioners, not only those who intend to teach. All are welcome, and we believe everyone will find their understanding of yoga and their practice enriched.
The 8-month training program begins on Friday, November 9th.
Training sessions take place one weekend a month and a few Wednesday evenings. The sessions are mandatory for the completion of the training to receive the certificate required for registration with Yoga Alliance. There will also be homework, reading assignments, practice and journal writing, observation, and practice teaching.
Sessions will cover a wide range of topics including a detailed study of postures, sequencing, pranayama, meditation, anatomy, philosophy, and teaching methodology. We will emphasize and support the development of a sustainable personal practice, a critical complement to group practice and teaching.
In addition to the scheduled weekend sessions, participants will be required to spend time on assignments throughout each month of training. Please consider your ability to dedicate the time necessary to take full advantage of the training and to fully participate in the group before you make a commitment.
Come to an information session to hear more about this exciting opportunity.
Contact Karen Cornetz at (914) 250-2762 to register.
This training is offered by Yoga for Body and Mind, a Yoga Alliance registered yoga school. The principal trainer is Mirijana Kocho. Mirijana has practiced yoga for over 25 years, teaching since 2004. Her teaching emphasizes a close integration of the physical practice with stilling the mind and opening the heart, the true goals of yoga. Mirijana has studied with Manju Jois, David Swenson, and Beryl Bender Birch and is dedicated to helping each student deepen his or her practice in the way best suited to that individual. Club Fit yoga faculty will provide support instruction.
This training will cover all topics set out in the Yoga Alliance requirements for 200-Hour certification including:
1. Teaching methodology. We will learn and practice hands-on assists, learn to read the body, understand and practice use of props and modifications, account for injuries and ability levels, learn to structure a class or class series, create asana flows and sequences for varying levels of experience.
2. Verbal skills. Communicating effectively is the essence of teaching, so we will study clear and concise instructional language to teach asanas, specific verbal cues for alignment, tone of voice to help shape the energy within a group practice, when to speak and when to be silent, how to set and vary the rhythm of a group practice, and various ways to set a mood and create a welcoming and safe environment for practice.
3. Pranayama and meditation. Classical yoga is defined as the stilling of the mind; asana practice, which has become central to today’s western yoga, is only one step in the system or science of yoga. Breath control, concentration, and meditation are the deeper practices and the key to personal transformation that yoga offers. We will practice and learn to teach simple and useful breathing and meditation techniques to complement our postural practice.
4. Anatomy. We will study basic anatomy and particularly the anatomy of yoga flow movement and in yoga postures. We will look at conventional anatomy – skeletal structure, muscles, tendons, ligaments and other soft tissue, as well as the internal systems involved in yoga practice. We will also look at subtle anatomy, or how yoga texts describe the movement of energy within the body.
5. Philosophy. We will familiarize ourselves with the foundational yoga scriptures, including the classical eight-limbed path set out in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Baghavad Gita, the Upanishads, and the early hatha yoga text, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. We will discuss not only how these texts illuminate our thinking and practice of yoga, but how they apply directly to our lives on and off the mat today, as well as our teaching of yoga. We will also touch on current research in yoga and recent illuminating work on the history of yoga practice through the millennia.
Pay in Full: $2800 before 9/30/18
Early Bird: $3000, $600 deposit before 9/30/18
Regular Rate: $3200, $600 deposit before 10/30/18
Remaining Payment Dates
Pay in Full: $3200 before 9/30/18
Early Bird: $3400, $600 deposit before 9/30/18
Regular Rate: $3600, $600 deposit before 10/30/18
*after 10/30 – additional late registration fee: $50
Remaining Payment Dates
Tuition for Non-Members INCLUDES A FULL CLUB FIT MEMBERSHIP, which will begin on the first weekend of the training program and continue until program completion.
Non-members that have not been a Club Fit member for the last 6 months will receive a complimentary Club Fit membership for the duration of the program.
Deposits and program fees are non-refundable and due regardless of completion of the training when registration in the program is processed by Club Fit.
If a student misses a session, they are required to make up the session work.
The training handbook, as well as additional handouts during the course of the training, are included in the course fee. Students are responsible for purchasing all other required reading materials.
Homework, Practice, Observation, Practice Teaching
Assignments will include reading and being prepared to discuss the works in the reading list, practice on your own and keep a journal of the practice, attending classes, assisting in a class, conducting and writing up a teacher observation once a month. In addition, beginning in November, you will be required to practice teach monthly outside of the weekend sessions with volunteers from within or outside the training group (unless you are already teaching).
Yoga Teacher Training Course Dates
*Several short sessions will be added towards the end for final practice teaching.
Come to an informational session to hear more about this exciting opportunity.
Thursday, August 9th & Thursday, September 13th at 7:00 pm at Club Fit Briarcliff
Friday | 11/9 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Saturday | 11/10 |9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 11/11 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 12/8 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 12/9 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 1/5 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 1/6 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 2/2 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 2/3 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 3/2 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 3/3 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 3/30 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 3/31 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 4/27 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 4/28 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 5/18 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 5/19 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Briarcliff
Friday | 6/14 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm | Briarcliff
Saturday | 6/15 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Jefferson Valley
Sunday | 6/16 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm | Briarcliff
Contact Karen Cornetz at 914-250-2762 or email@example.com to register.
“As a graduate of the Yoga teacher training offered through Club Fit and Mirijana Kocho’s school Yoga for Body and Mind, I would like to share my thoughts about the program. There are many yoga teacher training programs to choose from. I have been able to talk with many yoga teachers and trainees who have shared their experiences and perceptions of their teacher training experience and many agree that this program is not only exceptional in format and content but is taught in a way that truly prepares the graduates to be effective, well-rounded teachers.
With a good balance of group support and demand for personal accountability – each person is provided the opportunity to use their individual strengths while learning the best and safest practices to become an effective yoga teacher. From anatomy to yogic philosophy the program gives a complete and firm foundation for those who want to teach with a solid amount of time is spent practice teaching right from the start.
Mirijana’s vast knowledge, sense of humor and dedication to everything yoga shows in the transformation she creates in her students, regardless of whether they decide to teach or just become better yogis. The physical environment for the classes and practice is very conducive to learning with plenty of space and props and the guest teachers and other Club Fit staff who participate add to the rich experience. The program was life-changing for me, not easy, but well worth the commitment of time.
I will always cherish the experience and the relationships that were formed in the process. I allowed me to reach my dream of becoming a yoga teacher and gain the confidence needed to achieve that dream!”
“My 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training experience at Club Fit far exceeded my expectations! Led by the wise and committed Mirijana Kocho, numerous talented yoga instructors contributed to our comprehensive, challenging and inspiring 10-month program. This training has helped me develop the confidence and competency to continue on my yoga journey, personally and professionally.”