Hiking Club – Candlewood Hill
Sunday, Oct. 15th – 9:00AM
CANDLEWOOD HILL IN FAHNESTOCK STATE PARK
“Fall Foliage Hike With a Fabulous Hilltop View”
B+ “Moderate / Strenuous”
Hike Leader: Peter Meskin, Call or Text: 914-715-4068
Have an enjoyable day rambling on and off 5 miles of wooded trails in Putnam County’s Fahnestock State Park. This is one of the easiest hikes you can take in order to get the kind of fabulous Fall Foliage views you’ll see from the top of Candlewood Hill. We’ll visit a magical spot not on any trail map to have lunch, a veritable “Shangri La.”
Come and enjoy! Comfortable boots a must.
Hike Length: 5 miles
Hike Time: 4 hours, including lunch. Rain cancels.
Bring lunch and water
9:00am Sunken Mine Rd, Putnam Valley, NY 10579
DIRECTIONS FROM JV CLUB FIT
GPS: “Sunken Mine Road”
Approach from the South…not North!
And/or follow these directions from JV Club Fit:
RIGHT on Lee Blvd.
- RIGHT on Rte. 6N
- Left UPHILL on Wood Street
- LEFT on Bryant Pond Road
- GO PAST the Taconic Parkway on Bryant Pond Road
- Bryant Pond Road makes a sharp right…stay on it
- LEFT on Peekskill Hollow Road, at the Soccer Academy
- RIGHT UPHILL on Tinker Hill Road
- RIGHT on Oscanawa Lake Road
- LEFT on North Shore Road
- RIGHT onto dirt road,SUNKEN MINE ROAD
- DRIVE all the way straight in and PARK
No need to register–just show up!
Contact - Peter Meskin
Contact Email - CaptPeterM@gmail.com
Contact Phone - 914-715-4068