Rules & Policies
Club Fit Aquatics Center, Outdoor Tennis Program, Outdoor Group Fitness Program, and Outdoor Strength Training Rules and Regulations
Click one of the highlighted links below for more info
We have switched over our Member Self-Service registration system, to a new online portal called Empower M.E. You may receive an error message when trying to log in using a previously bookmarked or favorited link. Detailed instructions on this new portal can be found by clicking the ‘get help’ link above.
Personal Training and Registered Dietitian Options
- We have a registered dietitian available through zoom and personal trainers to help you get back to your goals. For more information, contact Donna at email@example.com
- This is program participation only, no guests. Arrive 10 minutes prior to class time to ensure physical distancing entry. Reservation only, no walk in class participation. Once registered for the program, you can reserve your class spot.
- Bring your own sweat towel.
- Water can be brought in or purchased at entry.
- Capacities being set to meet the local guidelines
- Masks must be worn until the class starts.
- All participants must exit immediately following class conclusion.
- Notifications regarding schedule modifications will be made by app alerts
- Usage by appointment only
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:30 am–7:30 pm | Saturday & Sunday: 7:30 am–2:30 pm. (Appointments booked on the half hour).
- Please respect time limit by leaving the area at your appointed hour (45 minute time slots)
- Upon entry pick up your personal sanitizer and cloth to use throughout you time frame in the strength area, Sanitize equipment before and after use with Viking Pure San provided and Terry towels. Deposit towels and spray bottles in bins provided for cleaning prior to leaving.
- Non-instructional strength training workout area includes: Plate-loaded Equipment, Power Rack, Olympic Bench, Cables, Ellipticals, Upright Bike and Rower.
- Re-rack weights and plates for the next user
- Be courteous of others by sharing equipment fairly
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance
- Wear masks at all times unless stationary on a piece of equipment where your mask can be lowered while performing exercise
Pools & Locker Rooms
- Protocols for the Aquatic Center
- Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7am-7pm & Saturday-Sunday 7am-4pm
- Pools will be open to members using our Empower M.E reservation system. To log in to Empower M.E click here. If you do not know how to access Empower M.E please check out our ‘how to’ page.
- Please note all reservations are subject to weather cancellations. We are not allowed to open the pool during thunderstorms.
- One member only can reserve a lap swim time or a family swim time. Family swim will be limited to 5 household family members. Lap swim time is limited to 1 person per zone or 2 family members who live with each other. Reservation times are for 45 minutes. Members allowed one booking in the system at a time. Reservations can be made up to 22 hours in advance.
- Children under 4 years old who are not toilet trained must wear 2 Fini’s swim diapers. We have diapers available for purchase on site.
- Members will enter the Aquatic Center through the Aquatic Handicap entrance, located in front of the pool by the fence. NO WALK INS or GUESTS will be permitted on the premises. Reservation use only.
- The Adult Lap Pool will be for lap swimming only unless reserved for class. The Program Pool will have limited lap swim offerings. Please check online for an up to date schedule.
- Masks must be worn on deck and can be removed once you have arrived at your reserved zone. Masks do not have to be worn while in the pool.
- The Program Pool will have dedicated zones for lap swim, family swim, lessons, and aqua exercise. When booking zones be mindful of the schedule and which pool and zone you are reserving.
- Handicap access will be in Zone 1 in the Far Cove of the Program Pool.
- The spa will be accessible to members who have a reservation for family swim or lap swim only. The spa will be limited to 3 people at any given time. Time will be limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. Aquatic staff will be enforcing the usage of the spa.
- Any aquatic equipment used during your reservation must be returned to where it belongs. Staff will clean and sanitize equipment for the next reservation.
- Swimmers must enter the facility showered prior to using the pools.
- Steam Rooms and Saunas will remain closed until further notice.
- Towel service will not be provided. Please bring your own towels until further notice.
- Locker rooms will be closed. There will be access to single use changing rooms as well as individual bathrooms located in the Aquatic Hallway. There is no showering allowed until further notice.
- Hand wash thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water after using the restrooms.
- Locker space will be extremely limited. All items brought into the Aquatic Facility must be taken with you upon exiting the facility.
- Rules are subject to change as we receive more guidance from the Department of Health. Up to date information will be found on our website.
Outdoor Tennis Program
PREPARING TO PLAY
- Protect against infections
- Wash your hands with soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer), or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
- Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
- Use new balls and a new grip, if possible.
- When not actively playing, please adhere to all proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and facemask protocols.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc., if you can.WHEN PLAYING
- Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
- When playing doubles, coordinate with your partner to maintain physical distancing.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Maintain physical distancing if changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.AFTER PLAYING
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
- Do not use the locker room or changing area. Shower at home.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after playing.
- All players should leave the facility immediately after play.USE FOUR BALLS OR SIX BALLS
- Although unlikely, it’s possible that a tennis ball can transmit the COVID-19 virus, as virtually any hard surface can transmit the disease. So here is an extra precaution you can take to keep safe when playing tennis:
- Open two cans of tennis balls that do not share the same number on the ball.
- Take one set of numbered balls, and have your playing partner take a set of balls from the other can.
- Proceed with play, making sure to pick up your set of numbered balls only. Should a ball with the other number wind up on your side of the court, do not touch the ball with your hands. Use your racquet head or feet to advance the ball to the other side of the court.
- To view more tennis guidelines, visit www.clubfit.com/tennis
Updated COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policies
When you enter Club Fit, you agree to the following:
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the Club
- Wear your face covering when you are not exercising
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet
- Sanitize all equipment before and after use
- Please be patient and considerate of others
- Remember to smile…It goes a long way!
Hours for Operation
Aquatics: Mon-Fri 7am – 7pm & Sat and Sun 7am – 4pm
Tennis: Mon-Fri 7am–10pm & Sat and Sun 7am–9pm
Groups Fitness as Scheduled
Club Advisor Hours: Mon-Fri 9am–5pm & Sat and Sun 9am–1pm
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other guests, and staff members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Club Fit. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Members must abide by Club Fit’s Guidelines as stated below regarding all safety and health precautions during their visit to the Club. Members must adhere to CDC/State/Local Guidelines as well as Club Fit’s Policies. Read more about our New Cleaning Guidelines on our Blog.
- Members Only (No Guest Passes) for the first 30 days within opening
- Members must wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Club.
- Members are required to wear face coverings when moving through the facility at all times unless engaged in exercise where 6 feet of physical distancing can be maintained. Members must provide their own face coverings.
- Members will be required to have their temperature checked prior to being allowed to enter the Club. Any reading of 100.4 or greater will restrict entry until the member has been fever free for 72 hours. A self-check temperature taken at home prior is recommended.
- Members must observe a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other members.
- Members will be required to wipe down equipment and surfaces before and after use.
- All PPE must be disposed of in a trash receptacle. Littering on Club property is prohibited.
- Usage of the Club by members is requested to 90 minutes maximum to assure all members can access the Club in a timely manner.
- Members will use a touch less scan in process to scan their key card barcode or their barcode from their phone.
- Cash will not be accepted for purchases. A credit card may be used with the chip reader or purchases may be house charged to your account on file.
- Water fountains throughout the building will be off limits until further notice.
- Daily cleaning protocols have been updated. Additional refill stations for wipes, sprays and bottles will be accessible all around the Club.
- All studios will be sanitized after each class by our newly added role of “Hospitality Cleaning and Sanitizing Attendant”. 30 minutes have been allotted between classes to sanitize studios.
- Café options will be limited to pre-packaged grab and go choices.
- Some cardio equipment has been removed from the Fitness Center to adhere to physical distancing. Masks are not recommended while on Cardio Equipment.
Pools & Locker Rooms
- Pools will be opened.
- Lap Pools will be open for lane swimming only. 1 person per lane. Program Pool will be open for lap swimming. Swimmers must shower before entering the pools.
- Steam Rooms and Saunas will remain closed, but will be re-evaluated down the line.
- Congregating in the locker rooms will not be permitted.
- Showers are limited to Aquatic Center users only to avoid congregation until further notice.
- Towel service will not be provided. Please bring your own towels until further notice.
- Hand wash thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water after using the restrooms.
- Lockers are limited to help adhere to physical distancing. Only lockers, with designated signage on it, may be used.
- Group Fitness classes will run on a modified schedule, but class counts will be limited. Participants for Group Fitness and Aquatics Classes will have to sign up via a registration system. Class sizes are limited per studios, please reference signage outside studio for appropriate counts. Participants must take place on one of the markers on the floor to uphold physical distancing. Please leave all mats and risers in place at the end of the class for our Hospitality Cleaning and Sanitizing Attendant to sanitize. Wipe down all small equipment used and return to appropriate storage. Aqua classes will take place on a modified schedule and be limited to 10 participants. Program pool will not be open during this time.
Sports and Parties
- Racquetball and Basketball will not be permitted, and Parties will not be allowed until further notice.
- A 90 minute maximum is requested to assure all children can have access to the Nursery and Energy Center in a timely manner.
- Only infant bottles will be allowed and no food is permitted.
- Toys that cannot be washed and disinfected will not be in use.
- Children and staff should stay home if they are sick.
- To view tennis guidelines, visit www.clubfit.com/tennis
You have decided to take a step in the right direction, and it is our job to guide you, to help you reach your goals. Consider us a one-stop-shop for you and your entire family. We have great facilities, but more important we have a professional, caring and fully qualified staff. We take pride in the high standards we set for ourselves and it will become apparent to you that all our staff including our instructors and trainers are passionate about helping you reach your fitness goals.
Each adult membership includes access to our fitness and aquatic centers, fitness center, full size basketball gymnasium, tennis and racquetball reservation privileges, locker rooms with steam, sauna and towels, and over 150 group fitness classes happening weekly. Members receive discounts on programs and lessons at the club, anniversary passes, access to IHRSA health clubs worldwide, and discounts at local stores throughout the Your Rewards program.
Options and Privileges
Individual – includes access to our fitness and aquatic centers, tennis and racquetball reservation privileges, and over 155 group fitness classes. Use the club as often as you like for as long as you like. (For ages 30 – 64).
Couple Second Person – can be added to the individual or 29 & under membership. The second person must be a spouse, life partner or additional junior family member residing at the same address and having joint financial obligations.
Family or Juniors – for children 21 and under residing with their parents. Includes nursery and Energy Center privileges. All the juniors in one household can be added to a parent’s membership for one monthly fee. Individual juniors may also have their own membership.
29 & Under Membership – for people age 29 and under without a parent on membership.
Seniors – a 10% discount is applied to the monthly dues and enrollment for those 65 and over. ID required. Not to be combined with other offers.
Premium – allows a member full access to both Club Fit facilities including court reservation privileges, half-price adult guest fees, and unaccompanied guest visit privileges.
Police, Fire, EMT & Military – Active Police, Fire, EMT, Military and Corrections Officers receive half off their membership fees. Retired receive 10% off membership fees. ID required. Not to be combined with other offers.
College Membership – college students who board at a school more than 50 miles from the club are eligible for an annual $300 restricted membership. If a parent is a member of Club Fit, the student will receive a $50 discount off their college membership.
Short Term Memberships – are available for 1 month or more. These memberships do not include freeze privileges.
Corporate – Club Fit offers two types of corporate memberships:
– Discounted enrollment fee
– 20% discount off active monthly dues
For a business organization with:
– More than 10 employees and at least 6 participating as active Club Fit members
– Centralized membership billing monthly
– Ability to communicate membership offers to employees, clients of members at least 4 times per year
– Discounted enrollment fee and first 30 days free for limited times best suited to the businesses objectives and Club Fit’s marketing plans
– Active monthly dues apply
For businesses or organizations:
– That allow us to communicate membership offers to its members or employees at least 4 times per year
|Membership Type||Monthly Dues ||Monthly Dues Premium ||Short Term Dues|
|Individual (30 – 64 years old)||$150||$155||$175|
|Couple (30 – 64 years old)||$239||$249||$272|
|Individual (29 & Under)||$121||$126||$142|
|Couple (29 & Under)||$208||$218||$237|
Our agreements require only 3 business days notice to stop at the end of the month.
Enrollment fees apply to begin your membership.
Our Club Experience Advisors are available to help you with your membership logistics. We are available to change credit card information for monthly billing, suspend, terminate or renew memberships, update your address or accept payment. We can also help you understand monthly charges or how to access our Empower M.E site (EME) online. Our offices are conveniently located near the club reception area. Our Club Experience Advisors can be reached by calling (914) 250-2134 or send our Club Experience Advisors an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Options: At the beginning of each month, your dues will be charged through electronic funds transfer (EFT). Returned payments, checks or credit cards are subject to a $20 service fee. Annual payments are accepted.
Can I suspend my monthly dues? Members can freeze their membership for a minimum of one month at a time, for any number of consecutive months, for $15/month. There is no charge for medical suspensions. A medical suspension requires a doctor’s letter stating the reason and length of absence (up to 6 months). Medical freeze requests must be received in writing via fax, email, letter, stopping by to see a Club Experience Advisor, or filling out our online form. All other freeze requests may be delivered in writing or via voice mail. All freeze requests, regardless of type, must be received by the Club at least (3) three business days prior to the end of the month in order to avoid being obligated for the following month’s dues. For members who have prepaid (12) twelve months of Membership Dues, any increase in Membership Dues rates that goes into effect during a period of freeze shall not become applicable until after the prepaid months have elapsed. Billing on multi-player memberships will default to the new member type billing rate. Members on freeze must follow the same guidelines as guests, including payment of any non-member surcharges.
We will waive all freeze fees through 10/31/20.
Upgrade your membership: An enrollment fee of $50 is charged when you add additional family members to your membership.
Can I transfer my membership? Yes, transfers are subject to the terms of your membership agreement.
Voluntary termination of membership: A member who desires to voluntarily resign from membership in the Club must provide written notice of such resignation to the Club. Written notice may be provided via fax, email, or letter, or by stopping by to see a Club Experience Advisor and filling out a form. If such notice is received at least three (3) business days prior to the end of the month, the membership will be terminated as of the last day of that month. If such notice is not received at least three (3) business days prior to the end of the month, the membership will be terminated as of the end of the following month. Memberships that are terminated will be required to pay an enrollment fee upon rejoining the club.
Rights of Membership: It is understood that the rights of club membership and rules of the club, including hours of operation, are subject to reasonable change with prior notification. If a member fails to abide by the Club’s policies and rules, or conduct themselves in a manner that the Club, in its sole discretion, determines is inappropriate, Club Fit may immediately terminate membership without refund for the full month in which the membership is terminated as well as any additional charges incurred through the membership termination date.
How am I informed of membership rate changes? Membership dues are subject to change with 60 days written notice. Other charges and fees are subject to change without prior notification. Membership dues are not dependent on the availability of all Club Fit facilities at all times or on frequency of use. Club Fit, in its sole discretion, may from time to time, (i) need to do equipment or maintenance repairs and that certain equipment or facilities may not be available at all times; and (ii) have shortened hours or reduced facilities because of occurrences including but not limited to holidays, staff development days, fundraising events, parties, and the like.
Your house charge privileges… Can be used for virtually anything in the club. Just present your membership card at the point of purchase and charges will be collected monthly through electronic funds transfer. A Club Experience Advisor will be glad to arrange this payment option for you. To review your account history, just click here to log into Member Self Service.
E-cash: Is just like real money when you are in Club Fit. It can be placed on your membership account and used for almost any purchase at Club Fit. E-cash can be a gift card that was placed on your account or it could be promotional Club Fit money. Promotional e-cash expires 3 months from date of issue. It cannot be applied toward membership fees. Purchased e-cash can be applied toward membership fees and expires 12 months from date of purchase. E-cash cannot be redeemed for cash nor applied to a past due balance. When you are making a purchase at the club, just let the staff person know you would like to use your e-cash as your method of payment. It’s a great gift idea for your friends that are members of the club.
Junior Members: Club Fit offers facilities for all age groups. However, certain facilities are only appropriate for adults. The Club reserves the right to restrict Juniors’ use, and to establish rules for Juniors at its discretion. In areas of the Club where Juniors are using facilities alongside adults, their conduct must be appropriate for the comfort of all members. There is a reduced guest fee for children under 12. Juniors turning 22 on a family membership must join on a separate membership.
Members’ Guests: Guests are welcome to accompany you at Club Fit. Please help your guests (a maximum of three per visit) register at the Reception Desk and pay the appropriate fees before using the facilities. If you are bringing a guest who will need assistance in the Fitness Center, please make an appointment for your guest at the Fitness or Reception Desk prior to their visit. Each guest is limited to two visits per month. Guests will be asked to provide photo identification when visiting the club.
|Adult Guest Visit|
|Adult Guest Visit||$30|
|Adult 10 Consecutive Day Pass||$112.50|
|Junior Guest Visit|
|Children Under 6||$6|
|Children 6 – 12 years old||$15|
Purchase 5 visits at one time to receive a 15% discount, purchase 10 visits and the package discount is 25%. Premium members receive 50% off full price guest visits. Guest visits on account are expired upon membership agreement termination.
Can I visit other clubs?
If you’re a member of Club Fit Briarcliff, you may also use Club Fit Jefferson Valley for a reduced guest fee or by becoming a Premium Member. Also, all members have access to more than 4,500 clubs worldwide through the International Health and Racquet Sports Association (IHRSA) Passport Program subject to any applicable required fees. A listing of these clubs is available in the Trainaway App. Use Club Fit member code DMWM-042 to gain access and reduced guest visits.
Encourage your friends to join you…
Have friends come for a workout. When you refer potential members, they receive a special offer to join the Club. If your friend joins the Club and maintains an active membership for 30 days you will receive 2000 app rewards points to thank you for the referral. Prizes will range from smoothies, water bottles and guest passes to free personal training, massages and tennis lessons! *Can not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Member Orientation Program
There’s a reason why Club Fit members feel comfortable from day one. Our Member Orientation program is more than just an introduction to the Club’s fitness and social activities — it’s a free, customized program for new members of all fitness levels and athletic abilities. As a new member, you will start toward your health and fitness goals in a confident and effective manner. Progress is accomplished through personalized coaching with certified fitness professionals, unique fitness assessment options, and social activities & networks. Our Member Orientation program provides an immediate path to success in reaching fitness and health goals through personalized coaching, diverse fitness options, and outstanding fitness technology like the Fit3D ProScanner. The scanner’s innovative 3D body-scanning technology provides a precise 360° full-body image, allowing members to visibly and accurately track their progress. Combined with the ongoing support we are always happy to provide, this helps ensure you are using the Club in a way that is best for you. See you at the Club!
Always available for Club Fit members:
Have a quick question or request? Contact a Fitness Coach — they are available anytime to answer questions or show you how to use any of the Fitness Center equipment. Coaches can be found on the Fitness floor wearing black Club Fit shirts, or paged from the Service or Reception Desks.
Need more time with a Fitness Coach? Schedule an appointment with your coach to revise a workout plan, or strategize how best to stay accountable to your goals.
Schedule a follow-up Fit3D Scan to track your progress: You can view these results with your Fitness Coach, take home a print-out of your scan and tracked measurements, or have the report sent directly to your email to review on your own. We recommend a regular Fit3D assessment every — or every other — month to stay on track with your fitness goals.
Ready to get started? Contact Us.
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve/Day
- New Year’s Eve/Day
Club Fit is a private club…
For the use of members, their guests and program participants.
Checking in for your Club Fit visit
Stop and say hello to our receptionists! In keeping with our mission of maintaining safe and comfortable facilities for all our visitors, convicted and/or registered sex offenders are not allowed in Club Fit facilities or onto Club Fit property. In order to protect your membership, please show your membership card to a receptionist every time you visit the club.
We value and respect your privacy. We will never share your email address or other information you provide with third parties without your permission. We will not sell your email address. You will always be able to easily unsubscribe to any ongoing service on our website or emails you receive from us.
From time to time our staff takes photos of club activities, members and staff. Club members understand that we may use these photos in postings on various media, including but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, social media, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. Club members consent to these uses as part of their membership and release the Club from any legal claims concerning these photos.
Club Fit Gift Cards
Treat someone special to a Club Fit gift card. Gift cards are available for purchase at our Service Desk or by Gift cards purchase form. Gift cards may be used for services, programs or membership.
Cell Phone Use
Cell phone use is limited to the cafe, lobby and corridors. Please do not speak on cell phones in the Fitness Center, Group Fitness studios, or Locker Rooms. Always be mindful of those around you when using your cell phone in public spaces.
Club Fit WiFi
Our WiFi system requires you to log on and accept our terms. Each individual WiFi connection session is set to a 3 hour limit. Once you reach the 3 hour limit, you will need to reconnect, and agree to the terms again. This process is common and will allow the WiFi network to be more accessible and productive!.
Locker Room Services
Soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryers and other amenities are available in the locker rooms. Lockers are available to members and their guests on a daily basis free of charge. Use any locker that’s available, but it must be vacated by closing time or locker contents will be removed. We strongly recommend that all your belongings be locked in a locker for safe keeping. The club is not responsible for valuables left in the locker rooms. Photos and video cannot be taken in the locker rooms.
Family Changing Rooms
For fathers with their daughters or mothers with their sons, the club’s family changing rooms offer private shower and changing facilities.
Racquetball racquets and balls, eye guards and miscellaneous small fitness equipment are available at the Service Desk. Basketballs are available in the gymnasium.
Lost and Found and Valuables
Lost and found items are kept for members. Please ask for the Manager on Duty to assist you. Please try not to bring valuables to the club.
Smoke Free Campus
We have a “no smoking” policy, something we should all feel good about. Smoking including e-cigarettes will not be permitted anywhere on Club Fit property, including the parking lot. Our goal is to provide the healthiest environment possible, which includes a smoke-free walk to and from your car.
Dressing for Health and Fitness
Although members are not expected to emphasize fashion over fitness, we do require that you wear shirts and appropriate sneakers in all areas of the club (with the exception of the pool area and locker rooms). It is mandatory that all children under 18 wear eye guards on the racquetball courts — and it is strongly advised for all racquetball players.
Salads, pasta, snacks, sandwiches and soup are fresh every day. Consult our Cafe hours. We cater both on and off the premises. View our Catering menu. Contact the Cafe Manager at (914) 250-2782 or by emailing email@example.com.
Advertise on our Business Board and the Club Fit website. For more information and fees, please contact our Club Experience Director at (914) 250-2750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your suggestions seriously
We depend on your opinions and suggestions to rate the performance of our staff, the efficiency of our facilities and the quality of our services. In the reception area, you’ll find a “We Need Your Help” box for comments and suggestions or simply access a Suggestion Form. Be on the lookout for an email from us asking you to complete a short survey — please complete it thoughtfully. These suggestions and observations are extremely valuable to us.
At Club Fit, we are always on the lookout for motivated, outgoing, friendly folks. If you are interested in learning more about Club Fit and potential employment opportunities, see all our open employment opportunities and apply!
General Pool Rules
- Showers are required before entering any pool.
- Pool availability is outlined on the opens in a new windowschedule. Using the pool outside of posted hours is strictly prohibited.
- Remove all band-aids, rubber bands, safety pins etc. before entering the pool.
- No one is allowed to enter the water unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Lifeguards have the right to tell any uncooperative swimmer to leave the pool.
- No diving or jumping into the pool.
- Running or engaging in unsafe activities or horseplay in the pool area is prohibited.
- Club supplied flotation devices only.
- No food, beverages or gum allowed in the pool area.
- Do not drink the pool water.
- Children under the age of 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult in Aquatic Center unless they pass the junior swim test or are in an Aquatics program.
- Only class participants are allowed in the program pool area when a class is going on.
- Swimsuits only (no cut jeans, sweats, underwear etc.)
- Pollution of the swimming pools are prohibited. Urinating, discharge of fecal matter, expectorating or blowing of the nose in any swimming pool is prohibited.
- All children ages four and under are required to wear two Reusable Finis Cloth Liners when using the pools. They are available for purchase at the Service Desk.
- Please do not use the pools if you or your child are showing any signs of gastrointestinal illness.
Lap Pool Rules
- Children under the age of 14 may lap swim upon completion of a lap swim evaluation.
- The use of starting blocks is prohibited, except during competitive swimming or swimmer-training activities.
- When other patrons are waiting, please limit your workout to 30 minutes.
- Lanes 1, 2 and 3 – unless otherwise indicated by signs, are intended for 2 swimmers at a time. Lane 4 is intended for the purpose of circle swim.
Circle Swim: When more than two members are in the lane, the lane starts to create a continuous circular swimming pattern. Maximum participation in circle swim lane should not exceed 4 people.
- You must stay in the lane you choose unless you are given permission to move by a lifeguard. This also pertains to the circle lane. If you commit to the circle lane at the start of your workout, this is the lane you are committed to complete your workout in, unless you have obtained
permission from the lifeguard to move to another lane.
- If you are joining a lane where there is already a swimmer, give them a heads up that you will be joining them, and work out who will be on which side of the lane, respectfully.
- Aqua-jogging is prohibited in the circle swim lane.
Our Swim Diaper Policy:
Accidents happen! In order to prevent as many fecal related incidents in the pools as possible, all children ages 4 and under are required to wear 2 Reusable Finis Cloth Liners when using the pools. Linens are available for purchase at the Service Desk, 2 for $24. We take keeping a safe and clean aquatic facility seriously. Your anticipated cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Make up Policy/Sick policy:
Participants are allowed 2 make ups WITHIN your registered session so long as the Aquatic office has received notification 24 hours prior to your appointment. Make ups will not be honored after the session has ended, we cannot guarantee you will have the same instructor.
Spa Pool Rules
- Showers are required before entering any pool.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should be prohibited from using the spa pool.
- Persons using the spa must be 18 years of age and older.
- Unsupervised use by children is prohibited.
- Do not use while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers.
- Do not use the spa alone.
- Pregnant women should consult with their physician before using the spa pool.
- Observe a reasonable time limit (e.g. 15 minutes), then shower, cool down and if you wish, return for another brief stay. Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness or fainting.
- Running or engaging in unsafe activities or horseplay in or around the spa is prohibited.
- Help can be obtained by using the telephone and posted emergency telephone numbers for police, fire department, physician, ambulance and hospital.
Water Safety Rules
All children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (at least 18 years of age) in the Aquatics Center. The adult must be in the pool with the child, and within an arm’s reach, unless the child has passed the Program Pool Swim Test. Children under the age of 10 who have passed the swim test still must have an adult supervising from the pool deck.
Children that are 11 years old who have not passed the Program Pool Swim Test must have an adult with them in the Aquatics Center. Children that are 11 years old and have passed the Program Pool Swim Test do not require an adult on the pool deck, however they must have an adult supervisor in the building.
Children ages 12+ have regular member access to the Aquatics Center Program Pool. If they cannot demonstrate an ability to swim safely, they will be asked to wear appropriate safety vests. Children still must have an adult supervising from the pool deck.
Program Pool Swim Test
Program Pool Swim Test will be administered by a lifeguard of Water Safety Instructor (WSI). The names of those who have passed the Program Pool swim test are written down and kept on record on the pool deck. The Program Pool Swim Test consists of:
- Swim two freestyle lengths of the Program Pool, demonstrating the child’s ability to put their face in and out of the water while swimming.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Retrieve a dive ring from 4 1/2 feet of water.
Lap Pool Swim Test
Children under the age of 14 years old may swim in the Lap Pool if they have passed the Lap Pool Swim Test. The names of those who have passed the Lap Pool swim test are written down and kept on record on the pool deck. The Lap Pool Swim Test consists of:
- Swim 50 yards freestyle or breaststroke, demonstrating rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 1 minute.
- Retrieve a dive ring from 7 feet of water (at 7 ft marker of the lap pool).
Aquatics Exercise Classes
While Aquatic Exercise classes are in session, we ask that you please walk around the class, and not behind the instructor teaching the class, as it distracts participants in the class. For this reason, you will notice signs on the pool deck during class.
Approved Aquatic Equipment Only
Club Fit provides equipment for member use, and we encourage you to utilize it, as we only permit the use of US Coast Guard approved equipment. Fins are only permitted for use in our lap pool, or in the lap swimming section of our program pool. We do not permit the use of mermaid fins, and inflatables are not allowed, as they pose a risk of popping.
Please rinse off before entering either of the pools or whirlpool. This helps maintain ideal chemical balance in our pools. When perfumes, soaps, residues and dyes from clothes and skin react with the pool water, chemical reactions occur that can cause imbalance.
The Aquatics Center closes for 30 minutes from the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning, which on some days may be reoccurring. To inquire if the pool is open or if your class has been cancelled due to thunder or poor road conditions, please contact the Service Desk at (914) 762-3444 for the most up-to-date information.
Session registration opens approximately four (4) weeks prior to the session start date. All classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis. All session payments must be completed no less than 24 hours prior to the first class day in enrolled session. Payment guarantees a spot within the class. Held spots that have not been paid 24 hours prior to the class will be considered open spots and sold out on a first come, first serve basis.
All participants are required to check in at the reception desk before each class.
Instructors Are Not Guaranteed
If you are signing up with a particular instructor for a session of group lessons, and that instructor has requested absence for the day or has become ill, you will be given a substitute instructor. Make-up lessons will not be offered for alternate instructors placed in group classes.
Students are not automatically progressed to the next level. In order for a participant to be graduated to the next skill level, students will have to meet the exit skill criteria for the previous level.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the fitness center unless they are a program participant or personal training and accompanied by a trainer at all times.
- Closed toe footwear must be worn at all times while working out.
Personal Training Policies:
Reserving the services of a professional Personal Trainer is a great way to make the most of your fitness time. Realize that you are purchasing the services of a professional that relies on scheduled appointments. Please observe the following to make the most of your time with your trainer:
- Go to the Reception Desk at least five minutes prior to the start of your appointment.
- Ask them to confirm payment of your appointment.
- To cancel a scheduled training appointment, please call your trainer directly. If your call is not placed 24 hours prior to the start of your appointment, you will be billed the full normal rate of your training appointment.
- Call the club directly and use the voice mail system to locate your Personal Trainer’s extension.
If your child intends to swim, don’t forget their bathing suit!
All children ages three and younger are required to wear two Reusable Finis Cloth Liners when using the pool. They are available for purchase at the Service Desk and in the Aquatics Center.
All children must wear sneakers in order to participate in gym activities.
We prefer to limit electronics usage to a designated free period to encourage involvement in the planned activities. If they do bring any of these items, please clearly label their electronics. Club Fit does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen or damaged electronics the children bring to camp.
Lunch is included for Full Day and Kinder camp ONLY! Afternoon snack available for purchase or pack from home.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Member rates apply to those that are members at the time of registration and remain members throughout their Camp attendance.
- Payment plan option available for those registering for 3 weeks or more. Only first payment is due at registration.
Refund and Cancellation Policy (for 2018 camp):
- For Early Registrations, FULL REFUNDS are available until March 31, 2018. Requests for cancelled weeks between April 1, 2018 and May 31, 2018 will be charged a processing fee of 20% of the full value rate of camp.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER MAY 31, 2018.
- No refunds for individual days missed.
- Changes on the week originally registered will be honored, if available.
You are encouraged to use the gym during non-programmed times. Check our gym schedule for the open time convenient for you.
Adults can drop in for free pick-up basketball. For members, there is no need to register. Just stop by, play and have fun!
- No food or drinks in the gym.
- All garbage is to be disposed of in garbage bins outside the gym.
- Basketballs are available to be signed out at the Service Desk and must be returned after use.
- Used towels are to be placed in the soiled towel bins. Do not leave on the floor.
- No black-soled sneakers in gym.
- Shirts are required.
- Abusive and or foul language will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to close the gym for events.
Children accompanied by their parent or guardian must check in directly with the Nursery. For children with a membership, it’s free! Non-member guest fee is $6 per visit. Guest fees may be paid at the Nursery Desk.
Maximum Nursery stay is two hours, with at least two hours in between visits.
- Parents must remain in building while children are in the Nursery.
- Food is not permitted.
- A labeled drink is welcome.
- Infant formula must be pre-mixed or ready to feed.
- Diapering is not provided, please respond promptly when paged to change your child’s diaper for sanitary reasons.
- Infants must wear socks; toddlers and up must wear closed toe shoes.
- Children exhibiting signs of illness are not permitted in the nursery.
- Children must be reasonably manageable.
- Signed permission slip is required if alternate pickup arrangements are made.
- Any child crying for more than 15 minutes must be picked up by parent.
Energy Center Policies
Children with membership can check in directly at the Energy Center. They must be accompanied to the Energy Center check-in desk by a parent or guardian.
Maximum Energy Center stay is three hours. For children with a membership, it’s free! Non-member guest fee is $15 per visit. Guest fees may be paid directly at the Energy Desk. Children may be checked out by someone other than a parent if their name is on the child’s emergency form. A signature is required. There is a maximum three-hour stay.
Energy Center Procedures:
- Parents are allowed to leave the club, but they must leave contact information.
- Permission must be submitted via email or in person by parent if someone else will be picking up their child.
- If your child needs to eat, they may only eat in the Party Room. Food and drinks are allowed.
- Club Fit is not responsible for your child’s personal belongings such as: electronic devices, backpacks, toys etc.
- Electronic devices (iPads, phones, video games, etc.) are not allowed. To protect the privacy of other members and guests, all devices with a camera must be stored during your child’s Club Fit visit.
- Children exhibiting signs of illness are not permitted in the Energy Center.
- Sneakers or closed-toed shoes must be worn in the Energy Center Gym.
- Socks must be worn on the inflatables.
- Food is not permitted in the Energy Center.
- A shirt and shoes are required for service in our café and lounge area.
- We are not an allergen free café. If you have a food allergy, we encourage you speak with the owner, manager, chef, or your server.
- When in the Café we ask that you be courteous to those around you—no yelling or running, please!
House Charge Privileges
Your individual account must have house charging activated in order to house charge. A house charge account can easily be arranged with a Club Experience Advisor. The account being charged needs to match the individual in front of us—kids need to charge their own accounts, and cannot charge on a parent’s account. All house charge purchases require a signature.
If you would like us to use your club e-cash, please inform us prior to payment so we can finalize your transaction properly.
Purchasing & Consuming Alcohol
Anyone purchasing and consuming alcohol must be over 21. You must provide a valid, unexpired ID; without ID, or if the ID is questionable, we reserve the right to refuse you service.
Racquetball reservations are required. Please check in at reception for a court.
All racquetball players must wear eye guards when on the court. Loaner eye guards and racquets are available at the service desk.
- Food or Drinks
- Hard balls of any kind
- Lacrosse balls
- Beaded jump ropes
- Plyometric Benches
Racquetball games take priority over any other activity.
- Courts can be booked in person, by telephone, or through our Empower M.E (EME) platform. Consult more information or contact a Club Experience Advisor at email@example.com or (914) 250-2134, for more information on EME.
- We begin taking court reservations one week in advance after 12:30pm. (So if today is Monday and you would like to book a court for next Monday at 11:00am, you can call us anytime after 12:30pm today. You could also call us tomorrow at 8:00am, or any other day or time after Day 1, leading up to next Monday.)
- Only members may be included in bookings made on Day 1; guests may be included in bookings made after Day 1.
- The member making the reservation will be deemed the primary owner of the reservation and will be responsible for the entire cost of the court and related guest fees.
- For Members, bookings for indoor and bubble tennis courts are charged at $20 per hour. There is no charge for outdoor courts. Please see our cancellation policy regarding both indoor and outdoor court bookings.
- Walk-on courts, when available, are charged at half the regular court fee and can be made 30 minutes or less prior to the start time. All walk-on court reservations are done in person at the Reception Desk and are on a first come basis.
- All indoor and bubble courts that are played on must be paid. All unpaid courts played on will be house charged at closing at full price.
- We require a 24-hour notice of cancellation. Otherwise, the original/primary owner will be charged at a rate of $20 per hour and $30 for a doubles court.
- No shows will be charged 15 minutes into the reservation, at which time the court will become available for walk-on play. Original booking party still forfeits court fee.
- Cancellation policy also pertains to free outdoor courts.
- Black-soled sneakers or cross trainers are not permitted
- Cutoff pants or shirts are not permitted
- Tennis outfits and whites are acceptable
Spa Services Policies
Please arrive 10 minutes early to check in for your appointment.
- Because your appointment is reserved just for you, cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance, or massage fees apply
- Non-members are required to provide a method of payment upon booking, and non-member surcharges apply
- Automated email confirmation will be generated upon your booking (unless booking by member self service)
- Our 50-Minute Massage is a full body massage, or you can specify work in an area of concern, Please discuss your goals with your therapist at beginning of your session.
- If you work out before your massage, please allow time to cool down and shower.
- Towels are available in the locker rooms
- A physician should be consulted by persons on medication or with any injury, disease or disability such as diabetes, high-risk pregnancy, cancer, osteoporosis, etc.
Group Fitness Policies
To get the most out of your Group Fitness experience, please note the following:
- Arrive early to set up for class. If new, introduce yourself to the instructor.
- Before class, wait quietly and allow the current class to exit the studio prior to entering.
- If you are a few minutes late, take a spot in the back of the studio, not distracting those who are already engaged in the workout.
- Personal belongings should be placed in a locker, not in the studio.
- Come prepared with water and appropriate class attire.
- Respect the instructor and participants:
- Cell phones off or on vibrate
- Refrain from wearing scented perfumes or body lotions.
- Keep chatter to a minimum so those around you can better focus on the task at hand.
- Return any equipment to its proper place.
- Wipe down your spin bike and yoga mat after class.
- Feel free to share any feedback with your instructor after class.
- Most important – bring your energy, enthusiasm and have fun!